Overview of the e-visa application form for India:
If you go to India you must have a visa or you will not enter the country. You can order this ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) online by completing the application form. After it has been granted you can download the visa and print it out. Add the printed e-visa to your other travel documents. Despite the fact that your passport number is linked to the e-visa, we strongly advise you to take this printed version of the visa with you.
Good preparation is half the job. Before you start filling in, make sure you have answered the questions below and have the requested information ready:
- Do you meet all conditions? Are you eligible for an e-visa? Carefully check the conditions of the e-Visa India.
- Is the travel duration within the validity period (60 days) of the e-visa? If not, you can request an extension. We recommend you read the validity conditions carefully.
The immigration service of India requires the following information:
- Your contact details
- Your personal data
- Information about your parents
- Information about your employer
- If you are not working or studying more than you need to fill in the details of your former employer (study).
- Information about your educational institution
- If you have never worked or studied, enter the details of your father's employer.
- Last but not least: provide a high quality passport photo and a passport scan. If you are planning a business trip, you also need to upload your business card. In the e-mail message that you receive after your payment, the way in which you must submit this.
- We would like to point out that the Indian government carefully checks your data and that in case of errors it has the right to ban you from entering the country.
The application starts with filling in the contact details and the questions that are asked about the trip. These questions should only be filled in once with a group request. Fill in the address at the address of the person requesting it. For example, you will be asked for information about the arrival and departure date, your e-mail address and telephone number and your address. You are also asked about your destination: does your trip have a business or tourist or medical background, what is the place of arrival and departure and which places do you expect to visit? Specifically, you are asked about your first residence in India. The Indian government wants you to have an emergency contact in the home country. You must submit details such as name, address, place of residence and telephone number.
In the second part you have to answer a number of questions about yourself: the traveler. In the case of a group application, these questions must be answered separately for all participants. Many questions can be taken from your passport: your nationality (also your second nationality), the passport number, your first and last name, your date of birth and the date of issue of your passport. The questions you can not retrieve from your passport concern your level of education, your religion, your physical characteristics (including your tattoos and / or your scars), information about your partner and your parents even if they have passed away.
In the third part, you must provide information about your employer. There are questions that raise the eyebrows, but the Indian government wishes to receive this information. You will be asked about your employment and the details of your employer. If you do not work but you study, you must provide the details of your educational institution. If you do not have a job, you will fill in your former employer and if you have never worked at all, you will fill in the employer of your father. Even if your father has passed.
In the fourth part questions arise that have to do with the possible safety risk that you may pose for India. You will be asked which countries you have visited in the past ten years and whether you have a criminal record. The question is whether another country has denied you access and whether you have visited India before. You must submit the details of that trip.
The fifth and final step in the application starts after you click on the 'Request visa' button. In the window that follows all the answers are again in a row and you can read everything carefully and check for errors.
If everything is correct, then proceed to payment. The e-mail you receive after payment asks you to upload your passport scan and passport photo. Ensure that the documents supplied are clearly legible. The passport photo must also meet a number of conditions:
- Must be in color
- You must look straight into the lens
- Background should be light and even