Additional information regarding the visa for Sri Lanka:
As we have already indicated in the Conditions, all travelers must apply for a visa to Sri Lanka. If the traveler is in possession of a passport issued by Sri Lanka, Singapore, the Maldives or the Seychelles, it is not necessary to apply for an e-visa.
The ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization), or e-Visa, is issued by the Immigration & Emigration Department in Colombo and is used for short holiday and business trips and is intended for tourists, business travelers and transfer passengers at the airport.
What is tourism?
Tourism is traveling with recreational or business purposes. Tourists are people who travel to places outside their usual environment that do not stay more than a year for leisure, business and other purposes and are not rewarded for their on-site activity. For example, the World Tourism Organization (WTO), the UN Tourism Organization and its promotion define the term tourism. The distance between the own environment and that of the destination does not matter.
A tourist can be interested in the culture or nature of the visited countries, cities and areas. We speak of culture when we look at everything that a society produces and transmits both materially and immaterial. In this description culture stands opposite nature: Tourism can therefore be understood as viewing sights, beach visits, participation in sporting events, following courses, visiting concerts, visits to animal parks.
Among business trips we can understand participation in workshops and seminars, as well as according to symposia for which one is invited. In short: activities with the aim of increasing knowledge of own company.
We point out that you will be allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 48 hours during the transfer under the chapter the Conditions we have indicated for whom the ETA is not intended.
Short summary of the application procedure:
You only need to perform the following actions:
- Fill in the application form
- Make the payment
- Wait for your confirmation email, please double check all information you have provided
- No need to send documents, passports, passport photos, etc. this is an e-visa
- Feel free to request an e-visa even if you have not yet booked a flight ticket
- Make sure you read the conditions for the Sri Lanka visa
- After the visa has been granted you will receive a link where the visa can be downloaded and print it out.
- You can submit an application for yourself and for someone else, this means you can apply for a group with one application form. Passport data and verbal consent is then required