F.A.Q. United States

Other questions?

If your question does not get answered, please feel free to contact us. We'd love to help you!

Questions regarding the application form

What do I agree to if I waive my rights?
To submit your ESTA application in the USA, you need to consent to this. You agree to the following: I have read and understood that I for the duration of my travel permit, obtained through ESTA, waive all rights to revision or appeal on a decision made by a US Customs and Border Protection official in regards to my right to passage, other than a request for asylum, and against any action regarding deportation which arises from the request to admission through the Visa Waiver Program. Supplementary to the above mentioned waiver, I agree that as a condition for entry to the United Stated through the Visa Waiver program, by supplying biometric identifiers (which includes finger prints and pictures) after arrival in the United States, I reaffirm that I waive all rights to revision or appeal of a decision of a US Customs and Border Protection official in regards to my right to passage, other than a request for asylum and against any action against deportation which arises from the request to admission through the Visa Waiver program.
I have been convicted for a crime or felony in the past, can you apply for an ESTA for me?
No, if you have (or have had) a criminal record we are not able to process your visa application. We recommend you contact the US Customs and Border Protection.
I am a student or homemaker. What do I write in the field details of employer?
Fill in the name of your current employer. If you currently do not have a job, then fill in the name of your last employer. You are allowed to write SELF-EMPLOYED (independent), STUDENT (student) CHILD (child), HOMEMAKER (homemaker), STAY-AT-HOME PARENT (stay-at-home parent) or any other word that describes your working status.
How long must my passport be valid if I want to travel to the USA?
Your passport must be valid up to and including the date you leave the USA.
My parents have passed away, should I list their names?
Yes, your parents' names are required to process your application, even if they are no longer alive. If you do not know the name of your parent, fill in UNKNOWN (unknown) for this parent. You can list the names of your biological, adopted, step- or foster parents in the required field.
Do I fill in my maiden name or my last name that I have gotten through marriage?
You must copy your last name as it is written in your passport.
If have several first names, do I list all of them?
You only need to list your first given name, as it is written on your passport.
When do I choose a transit or transfer visa?
You can choose a transit ESTA, if you only have a layover in the USA.
Does my child need its own ESTA for the USA?
Yes, children need their own ESTA for the USA.
What does the emergency procedure mean?
We can process your application urgently. We will process your application within 15 minutes. We do this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is possible that the American government needs to approve your application manually. which will add time to the delivery of the visa.

Main information

Why is my profession not listed on my received ESTA?
The field that lists your profession is often left blank on an ESTA form we are unable to confirm why this is. This does not have any influence on the validity of your ESTA.
Can I extend my ESTA for the USA?
No, you can not extend your ESTA. If your ESTA expires you must apply for a new one.
How long does it take for my ESTA application to be processed?
We always apply for your ESTA within 4 hours. Your ESTA will be available immediately 99% of the time. When the American customs needs more time, it can take up to 72 hours.
I only have a transfer (transit) in the USA. Do I need a visa?
Yes, even when you only have a transfer in the USA you need an ESTA. You can choose a transit ESTA, which is only valid if you are travelling to a destination outside of the USA.
How long before I leave do I need to apply for an ESTA for the USA?
It takes a maximum of 72 hours for your visa application to be processed by the American government. You are required to apply online for an ESTA and in advance or you will definitely be denied boarding your flight. The airline companies are not allowed to take you. We advise you to apply for your ESTA on time.
Can I apply for an ESTA with an ID-card?
No, you need to submit the details of your passport to be able to apply for your ESTA.
What is needed to apply for an ESTA for the USA?
To apply for an ESTA for the USA, you need to have a passport that is still valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the USA.
I still have a valid ESTA which contains the details of my first trip to the USA. Can I travel with this?
Yes, provided that you are travelling with the same passport, you can travel with the ESTA. The travel details have no influence on the validity of the document. It is not possible to make any changes to your ESTA which has already been issued. If you would like to have your new travel details listed on the document, you can apply for a new ESTA.
Can I get a visa at arrival in the USA?
No, it is not possible to buy an ESTA or visa at arrival.
For what kind of journeys can I use an ESTA for the USA?
An ESTA for the USA is valid for all tourist and business travels.
Can I travel to the USA multiple times with an ESTA?
With an ESTA for the USA you can enter the country multiple times.
How long am I allowed to stay in the USA?
You can stay in the USA for a maximum of 90 days every trip.
How long is my ESTA valid?
An ESTA for the USA is valid for 2  years from the date it has been issued, or if it happens first, until your passport expires.

Payment related questions

What does an ESTA cost for the USA?
The cost for an ESTA for the USA is £29.95 GBP per person. This is the complete price including consular fees.
Can I get an invoice of my visa application?
Yes, one day after you have received your visa we can send you the invoice digitally. Please send us your application number with the request to send you the invoice to contact@e-visums.co.uk
How can I pay for the e-visa?
You can pay with credit/debit card or PayPal.
When do I have to pay for my e-visa?
After submission of your e-visa application you can pay directly with credit/debit card and PayPal. We submit your application after we have received your payment.
Are my personal details safe?
E-visums.co.uk uses a secure connection (https). Your personal details are only used to apply for the e-visa. Your details will not be used in any other way and will not be sold to third parties or used for commercial purposes. If you want us to delete your details then this is possible upon your request. It could happen that payment fails or that you cancel your payment. In that case we will store your details for a maximum of 48 hours. When your e-visa is delivered to you, we will store your details until the start date of your e-visa. Special personal details (passport number, issue date, expiration date) will be deleted 72 hours after the visa is issued.

Common questions

Can I print out my e-visa in black/white?
Yes, you can print out your visa in black/white.
Do I have to print out my e-visa?
We advise you to always bring a hardcopy (printed) or digital copy (on your smartphone, tablet or laptop) of your e-visa with you on your trip.
How do I receive my e-visa?
You will receive your e-visa by e-mail. After we receive your visa, we will send it to the e-mail address that you provided in your application. For Cuba you will receive your visa by regular mail. For China you will receive a part of the documents by e-mail and a part by regular mail.
Can I extend my e-visa?
E-visums.co.uk cannot extend your e-visa for you. At some destinations it is possible to extend your visa on site. To find out whether this is possible at your destination, we refer you to the information on our website.
Can I modify something on my e-visa?
If we have requested you by e-mail to modify certain details, your application has not yet been submitted to the government of the country concerned. It will still be possible then to modify your details. If the application is submitted, modification is not possible anymore. If by then you discover an error in your details, you will need to submit a new application.
Can I cancel my visa application?
No, if we have submitted your application to the government of the country concerned, your application unfortunately cannot be canceled anymore. It will not be possible to reimburse the payment as well.
My passport expires soon and I’m going to apply for a new one before I travel, can I already apply for an e-visa?
No, for the validity of your e-visa, it is important that the details on your e-visa correspond to the details on the passport you are travelling with. So you need to have your new passport details before you apply for an e-visa.
I have a refugee or certificate of identity (alien’s passport) can you apply for an e-visa for me?
No, if you have a refugee- or certificate of identity (alien’s passport) we unfortunately cannot apply for an e-visa for you. We advise you to contact the embassy of the country you want to travel to. They can provide you with more information about the documents that you need to travel to that country.
I have multiple passports, can I choose which passport I use to travel with?
Yes, you can choose which passport you travel abroad with. For the validity of your e-visa it is important that the details on your e-visa correspond to those in the passport you’re travelling with. Before you make your choice you can check whether you qualify for an e-visa with that passport.
Is that the number 0 or letter O in my passport?
The UK passport number consists of letters and numbers. The difference between the letter “O” or number “0” isn’t always clear. To prevent confusion, the letter “O” is not used in UK passport numbers. So it always is the number “0”.
Which documents do I need to travel with a child?
If you travel abroad alone with your minor child you must be able to prove that you have the consent of the parent with custody. For more information and a consent form please visit the website of the UK government  (https://www.gov.uk/permission-take-child-abroad)
Can I apply for a visa for several people at the same time?
Yes you can, at the bottom of the application form you’ll find the button ‘add traveller’. If you click on this button you will be able to add the details of a second traveller. If you want to add more travellers you can repeat this action.
Can I apply for an e-visa on behalf of someone else?
Yes, if you have the required information, you can apply for an e-visa for someone else.
What is the difference between a multiple, double and single entry e-visa?
A multiple entry e-visa permits you to go to the country multiple times within the term of validity of the e-visa. With a double-entry e-visa you can go to the country two times and with a single entry e-visa one time. In the information on our website you can see which e-visa is available for the country you’re travelling to.
Will an e-visa guarantee entry to the country concerned?
An e-visa grants you permission to travel to a country. The government of that country always retains the right to deny entry without notice to the holder of an e-visa. Luckily, in reality this rarely happens.
What are the advantages of applying for an e-visa through www.e-visums.co.uk?
E-visums.co.uk works as an intermediary. At e-visums.co.uk you can apply for your e-visa fast, easily and completely in english. We check your details for common mistakes before we forward your application for assessment to the country you’re travelling to. You can pay via credit/debit card or PayPal. If you have a question regarding your application we are happy to assist! We are available by phone and e-mail 7 days a week. On our contact page (clickable) you will find our contact details e-visums.co.uk
What is an e-visa?
An e-visa is an official document that grants you permission to travel to a country and travel within that country. The e-visa is an electronic alternative to the regular visa and is issued by the government of the country concerned. An e-visa is applied for completely digitally, so you don’t have to go to the embassy to apply. After it is issued, you receive the e-visa by e-mail* *For Cuba you will receive your e-visa by regular mail, for China you will receive your documents by regular mail as well as e-mail.