Apply online for tourism visa India
More information on the main page about the visa India
On this page you can read everything about the eTourist Visa, or the tourist visa for India.
You can apply for a tourist visa simply, safely and quickly via this website.
Validity of the tourist visa India
The visa is valid for 120 days. You can travel to India within that period. After your first arrival, you may stay in India for a maximum of 60 days. You can enter India twice within the validity of your e-visa (double entry). Your second entry must be within 60 days of your first entry.
Example: Your visa is valid from April 19, 2018 to August 17, 2018. You travel to India for the first time on July 2, 2018. On arrival you will be issued with a visa stamp valid until 26 August 2018. From 2 July to 26 August you can stay in India. In the meantime, you may leave the country and re-enter once. August 26th you have to leave India at the latest.
Important: You must apply for the visa at least 4 working days before departure. After that it is not possible to apply for a visa.
Terms and conditions for tourism visa India
You must meet a number of conditions in order to qualify for an eTourist Visa:
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least six months upon arrival in India.
- Your passport needs to contain at least two empty visa pages.
- The visa is only valid on arrival at airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur , Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam and the seaports of Cochin, Goa and Mangalore.
- The visa is not valid for land arrival.
- You are allowed to leave Indie through any Immigration Check Posts (ICPs).
- Upon arrival, biometric data (fingerprint and iris scan) will be collected from you.
- Travel documents with return date are required.
- No access to protected or cantonment areas.
- The e-visa must be printed out.
To request your tourist visa for India, a number of documents are required. You can upload this yourself in the application form:
- A scan of the information page of your passport. Make sure that all data is readable.
- A scan of a recent passport photo. This must meet the official passport photo requirements.